- 900ml/26 fl.oz. Water
- 2-3 pieces Galangal (Thai Ginger)
- 1 level table spoon Nam Prik Pao
- 3 x 2.5cm/1 inch pieces of Lemon Grass
- 20 Jumbo Prawns (Shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 175g/6oz Onions, very thinly sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 150ml/5fl.oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 teasp Fish Sauce (or to taste)
- 25g/1oz Spring Onion, chopped
1. Place the water, galangal, Nam Prik Pao and lemon grass in a large saucepan and bring to the boil mixing well.
2. Add the sliced onions, bring back to the boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes.
3. Add the prawns and sliced tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. To serve - divide the lime juice and fish sauce between individual serving bowls. (Do not add these to the boiling soup) then ladle the soup into the bowls over the fish sauce/lime juice and garnish with the chopped spring onion. Serve hot.
» Thailand Recipes