- 450g/1lb Fresh White fish fillets such as Cod, Whiting, Pollack, Coley, Bream, Brill
- 3 dried Chilies, soaked
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander
- 5cm/2 inch Lemon Grass, chopped
- ½ tbsp Grated Lemon Rind
- ½ tbsp freshly grated Ginger
- ½ tbsp Galangal, shredded
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 200g/7oz Green Beans, very thinly
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
1. Mince the fish and set aside.
2. In a mortar, pound together the chilies, shallots, coriander, lemon grass, lime rind, galangal, salt and ground pepper until blended.
3. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the fish and mix well. Alternatively, place all the above ingredients in a food processor and process until well mixed but not puréed.
4. Add the beans, kaffir lime leaves and fish sauce and knead with your hands
5. Preheat the deep fat fryer to 180C, 350F.
6. Divide the mixture into 12. Roll each portion into a ball then flatten out each
7. Fry the fishcakes for until brown on all sides. Remove and drain on kitchen roll. Serve hot with a dipping sauce.
Make smaller versions as appetizers for a party.
» Thailand Recipes