For the curry paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Coriander
- *1 teasp Ground Black Pepper
- *6 Dried Chilies
- *1-1/2 Ground Coriander
- *1-1/2 teasp Ground Cumin
- *1 teasp Dried Galangal
- *2 teasp Ground Lemon Grass
- 2 teasp Grated Lemon Zest
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 675g/1-1/2lb Firm Fish, (Halibut, Cod, Monkfish), cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped Basil
- 5cm/2-inches Fresh Root Ginger, finely shredded
- 1 Jalapeno Chili Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teasp Palm or Brown Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
1. Place all the curry paste ingredients (including the contents of the Spice Pack if using) in a mortar and grind together until quite smooth. Alternatively, place in a food processor and process to a paste.
2. Heat the oil in wok or frying pan, add the curry paste and fry, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the fish, fish sauce, sugar, ginger, chili pepper, and basil, mix well and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring from time to time or until the fish is cooked through. Serve immediately.
» Thailand Recipes