- 450g/1lb Sweetcorn Kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 480ml/16fl.oz. Water
- 225g/8oz Sugar
- 4 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Coconut Cream
- 1 teasp Salt
1. Place the water in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil then add the corn and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked through.
2. Add the sugar and continue to cook, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
3. In a small bowl or cup, mix the flour with a little water to make a paste then add to the corn mixture, stirring well. Continue to cook for a few minutes , stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes thick and clear. Remove from the heat.
4. Place the coconut cream and salt in a small saucepan, bring slowly to the boil, then remove from heat.
5. To serve - transfer the sweet corn mixture to individual bowls and top with some of the salted coconut cream. Serve hot.
» Thailand Recipes