- 400g/14oz glutinous (sticky) Rice, pre- soaked in cold water 1-1/2 hours
- 300ml/10fl.oz. Coconut Milk
- 300ml/10fl.oz. Water
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 small ripe Mangoes, peeled and sliced
1. Place the rice, coconut milk, water, salt and sugar in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer rice to a steamer and steam for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked tender.
4. Pack the cooked rice into individual ramekins which have been lined with clingfilm and allow to cool to room temperature.
5. To serve - unmould the rice onto individual serving plates and top with mango slices.
» Thailand Recipes