- 1tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 300ml/10fl.oz. Stock
- 390ml/13fl.oz. Coconut Milk
- 450g/1lb Pork Fillet, cut into large chunks
- 1 Red Chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 225g/8oz Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 75g/3oz Mangetout, topped and tailed
- 75g/3oz Baby Sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- Fresh Coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and Black pepper
- 175g/6oz Basmati Rice
1. Place the curry paste in a large saucepan and gradually blend in the coconut milk and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then cook for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add the pork to a saucepan of boiling water and blanch for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, skim the surface of any scum, then drain.
2. Stir the chili, tomato purée, onion, garlic and pork into the coconut mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and gently cook, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, place the rice in a pan of water, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Stir in the remaining vegetables and half the coriander. Simmer for 5-8 minutes and season to taste.
5. To serve - drain the rice well and place on a warmed serving dish. Top with the pork and sprinkle the remaining coriander over the top. Serve hot.
» Thailand Recipes