- 175g/6oz. Dry Rice Noodle (3-5mm/1/4 inch)
- 20 Large Prawns (Shrimp), shelled and deveined
- 4 Large Eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 100g/4oz Preserved Turnip or Water Chestnuts, sliced
- 4 tbsp Crushed Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- Fish Sauce to taste
- 6fl.oz. Oyster Sauce
- 4 tbsp Vinegar
- 100g/4oz. Fresh Bean Sprouts
- 2 Teasp Chopped Red Chili (optional)
- 50g/2oz. Spring Onions, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch lengths
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Water or Stock
- 1 Lemon
1. Pre-soak the noodles in water which is at room temperature for at least 30 minutes . They should be softened but still quite firm.
2. Heat a wok or large frying pan until very hot. Add the Shrimp and dry stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the Eggs and cook stirring until they just start to set.
4. Drain the noodles and add to the pan together with the sugar, turnips or waterchestnuts, peanuts and paprika. Stir Fry until all ingredients are well mixed together and the noodles have wilted.
5. Add the fish sauce, oyster Sauce and vinegar and mix well.
6. Add the bean sprouts, spring onions and red Chili and stir fry quickly mixing thoroughly.
7. Add the water or stock and mix well.
8. To serve - transfer to a warm serving platter and garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
» Thailand Recipes