- 60ml/2fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
- 50g/2oz Tofu, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 Red Chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 150g/5oz Cellophane Noodles
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- A pinch of Sugar
- 2 tbsp Chopped Peanuts
- 200g/7oz Fresh Beansprouts
- 1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Coriander
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
1. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to soak
2. In a large frying pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add the tofu and fry over a high heat until golden brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the garlic and chili, and fry until brown.
4. Add the drained noodles, and cook until heated through.
5. Push the noodles to the sides of the pan and break the egg into the centre. Cook, mixing gently until it begins to set, then break it up and mix it into the noodles.
6. Add the soy sauce and sugar, mix well then stir in the tofu, bean sprouts,
7. To serve - transfer to a serving platter and garnish with lime wedges.
» Thailand Recipes