- 450g/1lb Rump or Sirloin Steak
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Thai Chillies, very thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, very thinly sliced
- 2.5cm/1 inch piece of Galangal, very thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 teasp Tamarind Concentrate
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves, shredded
- 1 teasp Palm Sugar
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Whiskey or Brandy
1. Very thinly slice the beef across the grain. Place the brandy and whiskey in a small saucepan and heat until warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok until very very hot then add the remaining ingredients (apart from the whiskey or brandy) and stir fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add the warmed alcohol to the pan containing the beef mixture and very carefully ignite. After about 30 seconds, if it is still aflame, place a lid on the pan to extinguish the flames. Serve immediately.
» Thailand Recipes