- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp chopped Garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped Shallots
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped dried Red Chillis
- 1 tbsp Fermented Shrimp Paste
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 teasp Sugar
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the garlic and shallots and stir briefly. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Add the chilies to the remaining oil in the pan and stir fry until they begin to change colour, then remove them and set them aside.
3. In a mortar and pestle pound the shrimp paste then add the chillies, garlic and shallots a little at a time, blending well before adding the next.
4. Return all the ingredients to the oil, and blend into a uniform paste over a low heat. Allow to cool and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve at room temperature.
» Thailand Recipes