- 2 tbsp Curry paste
- 360ml/12fl.oz. Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Galangal, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Grass, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai Basil, chopped
- 675g/1-1/2 lb Stewing Beef, cut into 2.5cm/ 1" cubes
- 1 tbsp Lime Zest, shredded
- 1 tbsp Kaffir Lime Leaves, shredded
- Fish Sauce to taste
- 2 teasp Chilli paste (more if you like it hot)
- 350g/12oz Potatoes, cut into 2.5cm/1" cubes
- 175g/6oz Onions, sliced
1. Place the curry paste with 2 tablespoons of the 'cream' form the coconut milk in a small saucepan and heat until the oil starts to separate.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate large saucepan, heat the peanut oil, garlic, galangal and lemon grass until hot and stir fry 1 minute.
3. Add the beef and stir fry for 5 minutes until lightly browned on all sides then add the curry paste/coconut cream mixture together with the rest of the coconut milk, lime zest, lime leaves, basil, fish sauce and chili paste and mix well.
4. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes until beef is tender.
5. Once the beef is just tender, add the potatoes and onions, mix well and continue to simmer for a further 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Serve hot.
» Thailand Recipes