- 600ml/20fl.oz. Fish Stock
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 100g/4oz Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 bulb of Fennel, thinly sliced
- 4 x 225g/8oz Brill Fillets
- Olive Oil for brushing
- Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 25g/1oz Mange tout, thinly sliced
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves, shredded
- A dash of Thai Fish Sauce
- The Juice of 1/4 Lime
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 1 tsp Freshly chopped Coriander
1. Pour the fish stock and soy sauce into a small pan, bring to the boil and boil until reduced by half.
2. Meanwhile, remove the stalks from the spinach and tear into small pieces and cut the slices of fennel into thin strips.
3. Brush the Brill fillets with olive oil and season with salt and cook under the grill for 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness.
4. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large saucepan until very hot then add the mangetout and fennel strips and turn to coat. Add the spinach , basil, fish sauce and lime juice and stir-fry long enough for the spinach to just wilt.
5. Add the butter to the reduced stock, mix well then add the diced tomato and coriander. Remove from the heat.
6. To serve - transfer the stir-fried vegetables to a platter and place the fish on top. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
» Thailand Recipes